Freeman, Scion of Viggora

Group: Ancient Member
RS Name: Freeman
Allegiance: Zaros

Medals: 31 - 206 Pts
SummerBeat Event Event Community Media Assisting
Edited on Mar 1 2013, 10:23 PM by Simon

The World Wakes (members only)

It’s not often that I write a Behind the Scenes article and find myself lost for words, but this is one of those times. Quite frankly, this is one of the most epic updates we have ever worked on and words alone can’t describe just how monumental it is. So, I’ll keep it brief:

It’s a Grandmaster-level quest, centred on... the original resting place of Guthix. Sought by treasure hunters and historians alike for hundreds of years, its discovery will shake the very core of Gielinor. But how will you choose to progress through it? It’s packed full of choices and the path that you take will have world-shaking consequences. Huge amounts of history and the story of the Guardians of Guthix can be found, as well as direct contact with some of RuneScape’s most powerful characters.

In terms of requirements, we’ve tried something a little different. The only requirement to access the content is a combat level of 140+, although to unlock all of the rewards, on offer in the quest you’ll need to have completed several other Grandmaster quests, and a few others beside. In addition, you’ll need specific skills like 80 Prayer or 70 Slayer (to name a few) and fully explore all of this fabled home of Guthix. Rewards include over 800k in XP, new combat abilities for all points of the triangle, a magical ring, new cosmetic torso gear, and access to a brand new Slayer area with targets that drop shiny level 85 gloves and a pet. Not to worry, though - if you don't have all of the requirements for the rewards, you can come back later and claim them when you do.

Put aside a good few hours for this one, It will define this age and will be remembered in the hearts of every creature on Gielinor.

User Posted Image

Requirements for The World Wakes:
  • 140+ Combat

Requirements for the full rewards:
  • Ritual of the Mahjarrat
  • The Chosen Commander
  • The Void Stares Back
  • The Firemaker's Curse
  • Branches of Darkmeyer
  • 74 Firemaking
  • 80 Prayer
  • 70 Slayer

Exclusive Teaser Images!

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
| « Simon3man Twitter « Mining Golds Clan Admin - Join today! » Freeman-RS Tumblr » |
| « Freeman - Road to 2B Total Experience « My Biography » Bahh - Old School Adventures » |

Head of Staff Support

Group: Assistant Senior Leader
RS Name: Bexs

Medals: 3 - 55 Pts
SummerBeat Donation Event
I might.... MIGHT do the two quests I need to do this quest... It looks amazing!

Twitter | Submit a Support Ticket! | Tumblr | Staff Applications | Content Ambassadors | XP Til Max

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

"True love is putting someone else before yourself"- Olaf

Freeman, Scion of Viggora

RS Name: Freeman

Medals: 31 - 206 Pts
SummerBeat Event Event Community Media Assisting
I really want to, but I've got a few too many requirements to get first... D:

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
| « Simon3man Twitter « Mining Golds Clan Admin - Join today! » Freeman-RS Tumblr » |
| « Freeman - Road to 2B Total Experience « My Biography » Bahh - Old School Adventures » |

Black Member

Group: Black Member
RS Name: Spriteicus

Medals: 2 - 14 Pts
Community SummerBeat
Definitely going to do this quest, even if the only reqs that I have are the 140 combat and firemaking...

Adamant Member

Group: Adamant Member
RS Name: JoshUK

Medals: 4 - 59 Pts
Event SummerBeat Community Donation
Rebecca @ Feb 19 2013, 5:50 PM
I might.... MIGHT do the two quests I need to do this quest... It looks amazing!

Already got all quests needed to do it :P

User Posted Image
My Twitter | RuneRadio Facebook | RuneRadio Twitter | RuneZone Youtube | Register Now!

Group: Iron Member
RS Name: Serenaded

Medals: 0 - 0 Pts
Edited on Feb 19 2013, 6:39 PM by Ariana Grande
I only came back to RuneScape yesterday, but I heard there is this thing that appears when you log in that teleports almost instantly. People saying it is related to this quest, but lots are also saying that Apparently it looks more like Zaros or something,which would involve the new skill to do with gods and Jagex have been known to do teasers to new skills beforehand (That strange sense dungeoneering thing)

Some people also think it is Moia
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Graphic designer

Group: Chaotic Member
RS Name: Ser Arma
Allegiance: Armadyl

Medals: 13 - 54 Pts
SummerBeat Community Community Community Suggestions
Ariana Grande @ Feb 19 2013, 6:33 PM
I only came back to RuneScape yesterday, but I heard there is this thing that appears when you log in that teleports almost instantly. People saying it is related to this quest, but lots are also saying that Apparently it looks more like Zaros or something,which would involve the new skill to do with gods and Jagex have been known to do teasers to new skills beforehand (That strange sense dungeoneering thing)

Some people also think it is Moia
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

For Simon:
guidlines
Multiple accounts

We ask that you only use one account when on RuneZone. This makes it easier to keep track of those attending our events, those we hand rewards to, and gives an accurate representation of our registered users. Please do not create new accounts to evade any offences or restrictions that you may have been given. This will not be treated lightly and may affect your chances of remaining at RuneZone. If you wish to change your account name, please send in a support ticket rather than creating a new account. We also ask that you do not use any obscenities or offensive terms in your account name.

Seriously though, I'm quite pleased I can actually start this :)

--> My Graphics <--
User Posted Image

Want fast, quality RuneScape help? Ask an Expert at Scape.Tips!

Donator

RS Name: Hell Naw Man
Allegiance: Godless

Medals: 14 - 97 Pts
SummerBeat Community Community Media Assisting SummerBeat
This quest looks amazing, I love the graphics shown in the teaser pictures. I don't think my main can do this quest sadly, but looks like it's going to be a awesome grand master quest. :D

User Posted Image

Chaotic Member

Group: Chaotic Member
RS Name: RZ Mrob301
Allegiance: Saradomin

Medals: 13 - 99 Pts
Guide Creation Donation Community Event Donation
This looks like it's going to be an amazing grandmaster quest! =D

User Posted Image

Friend

Group: Iron Member
RS Name: Members Ship