Edited on Aug 25 2013, 5:09 PM by Derpy Lewis
User Posted Image

Contents:

What is Jagex Cache
Where is it located on my computer
How do i clear my cache
How do i know it worked

What is Jagex Cache

Jagex cache, is a bundle of files which is stored onto your computer the first time you load up runescape. Also the Jagex cache contains some data such as Textures, maps etc. It is recommended to delete your Jagex cache if you feel you Runescape game is not working correct.

Where is it located on my computer

User Posted Image
%UserProfile%jagexcacherunescapeLIVE

User Posted Image

C:.jagex_cache_32

User Posted Image

Click spotlight in the top right corner and type "Jagexcache"

How do i clear my cache

Once you have got open the folder of the jagexcache you simply want to delete two files, preference and preference2.dat.

User Posted Image

How do you know if it worked

To know if it worked you simply re-load your runescape and if it comes up with a auto-setup message you have successfully deleted your Jagex Cache.

User Posted Image

Chaotic Member

Group: Chaotic Member
RS Name: Maxilicious
Allegiance: Zaros

Medals: 7 - 49 Pts
SummerBeat Suggestions SummerBeat Guide Creation Community
This is a nice guide you have there, Derpy Lewis - I'm really glad you also mentioned that the preferences.dat and preferences2.dat files are enough for resetting/deleting the cache.

If you want to submit other technical submissions as well, you can always contribute to the Official Technical Support Guide we have that can be found here. :)

User Posted Image

◄ My YouTube ► - ◄ My Twitter ► - ◄ Like RuneZone ► -◄ Follow RuneZone►
◄ Like RuneRadio ► - ◄ Follow RuneRadio►
◄ Submit a Support Ticket here! ►

Head of Staff Support

Group: Assistant Senior Leader
RS Name: Bexs

Medals: 3 - 55 Pts
SummerBeat Donation Event
Max @ Aug 25 2013, 9:17 PM
This is a nice guide you have there, Derpy Lewis - I'm really glad you also mentioned that the preferences.dat and preferences2.dat files are enough for resetting/deleting the cache.

If you want to submit other technical submissions as well, you can always contribute to the Official Technical Support Guide we have that can be found here. :)

What would happen if you were to completely delete the whole folder, I'm guessing this would mean that the game would load completely as if it would for the first time and take a little longer?

Twitter | Submit a Support Ticket! | Tumblr | Staff Applications | Content Ambassadors | XP Til Max

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

"True love is putting someone else before yourself"- Olaf

Media Team Leader

Group: Media Crew
RS Name: Reave
Allegiance: Sliske

Medals: 1 - 10 Pts
SummerBeat
Rebecca @ Aug 25 2013, 11:14 PM

What would happen if you were to completely delete the whole folder, I'm guessing this would mean that the game would load completely as if it would for the first time and take a little longer?

I did it a long time ago on my old PC, just took a long time to start up and for some reason my Java needed to re-install.

User Posted Image

Huge thanks to Zammyskid for the sig

Head of Staff Support

Group: Assistant Senior Leader
RS Name: Bexs

Medals: 3 - 55 Pts
SummerBeat Donation Event
Reave @ Aug 26 2013, 5:00 AM

I did it a long time ago on my old PC, just took a long time to start up and for some reason my Java needed to re-install.

Hmm, never deleted any of my RS cache before so was just curious as to what would happen if someone accidentally clicked delete on all.

Twitter | Submit a Support Ticket! | Tumblr | Staff Applications | Content Ambassadors | XP Til Max

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

"True love is putting someone else before yourself"- Olaf

Community Warden

Group: Community Warden
RS Name: cyprusgirl
Allegiance: Seren

Medals: 16 - 145 Pts
SummerBeat Community Event Event Event
Thank you Lewis for this, very useful! ^_^

User Posted Image

Cyprusgirl Trimmed Completionist Cape G & A

Send me a PmSubmit a Support Ticket Guidelines RuneRadioDonate & Subscribe

Want fast, quality RuneScape help? Ask an Expert at Scape.Tips!

Content Ambassador

Group: Ambassador
RS Name: Disrupt
Allegiance: Zamorak

Medals: 3 - 22 Pts
SummerBeat SummerBeat Community
Edited on Aug 26 2013, 3:17 PM by Jack
Rebecca @ Aug 26 2013, 8:36 AM
Reave @ Aug 26 2013, 5:00 AM

Hmm, never deleted any of my RS cache before so was just curious as to what would happen if someone accidentally clicked delete on all.

It depends; some of the files and folders such as the Jagex Cache files will automatically reconstruct themselves on the next use of the launcher.exe. Deleting larger folders may require the client to be re-installed, I wouldn't see this as beneficial though so you may as well re-install the client if you suspect there are corrupt files causing errors in your GamePlay or client window.

Hey Lewis! Great guide to clearing your Jagex Cache. :) As Max said we do have an Official Technical Support guide on site found in the 'Other Guides' section which was actually written by Max and I. So if you have any corrections or new information to add, submit a correction and I'll be happy to assist. :D

Jack

User Posted Image