Learning the Ropes
This wonderful activity is located in the far north-west corner of the Tree Gnome Stronghold. To get there, it is suggested to travel by Spirit Tree, as it will put you very close to the destination. If not, there's always the Ardougne teleport, or walking/running. Once you find it, you'll need to start the activity by speaking to the Gnomeball Referee to start the game.
The game is played much rugby where players throw the ball to each other and try to score goals. There is only one goal, and players are encouraged to tackle one another to regain possession of the ball. There are two teams and the player will be up against the gnomes who will try to tackle them, but the player can also bring in his or her own friends to help out. When you throw the ball, you will be awarded ranged XP, and both ranged and agility XP when you score a goal. This will help you get the ball back out of their greedy little hands.
- The goal of the game is to score by running down the field.
- Scoring a goal will add points to the score, as well as give you some agility/ranged experience.
- To win the game, you must score a total of 5 points.
- You can find the score at the top left corner of the screen.
- You must dodge the other Gnomes trying to take away your score.
- The further you are from the goal, the higher the ranged level you need to successfully score
- You cannot log out during a game
- When you are tackled you will be damaged a small amount
Once you start the game, you'll see there are some controls you will need to learn. They are as follows:
- Pass - Clicking on this option will allow you to toss the Gnomeball to one of your teammates.
- Tackle - clicking on this option will allow you to tackle to opposing team. This will get you the ball.
- Shoot - Clicking on this option will allow you to shoot the Gnomeball into the goal, when you are at close range.
How often you make it when you shoot depends on your Ranged level. When you score, you will see some cheerleaders begin to cheer and dance.
As a reward for winning, you will get... your very own Gnomeball! Once you get one, you can go anywhere in RuneScape wielding and passing it. However, take heed that if you pass it to someone you don't know, they can take it and never give it back. While they may not be expensive, remember to only pass to people you can trust!
Guide Made by: Sheep
Corrections submitted by: Doctor Shemp, Deathslayer, Andy, SlashingBunny, Yolk, Jamie, Sheep, Nathan, Icedlala, Armon, Majinvegito3, Valerie