1. Talk to Leela at Draynor Village and she will ask you to see Senliten in person. She will also take you with her, meaning you don't have to go there yourself. Talk to Senliten and she will tell you about the monkey god Apmeken and desert monkeys. Ask to help her to begin the quest.
Items needed: Pet cat and waterskins/enchanted water tiara
2. Make your way to Sophanem to find out about Apmeken. Go to Jex in the Northeastern part of the city and ask him about Apmeken. Next, get a cat from your bank and let it follow you. Go to the Sphinx who wonders between the two pyramids in the city and ask him about Apmeken. After this, make your way back to the temple.
Items needed: Coins OR M'speak mould, Monkeyspeak amulet,
Monkey greegree (any), 20 inventory spaces
Ape Atoll teleport runes recommended.
3. You tell Senliten that you have learnt all you can about Apmeken. She then tells you that she was turned into a deity by Tumeken and that monkeys are her greatest supporters. She tells you that the Kharidian people turned their back on Apmeken and her monkeys died. Senliten then asks you to repopulate the desert with monkeys to please Apmeken.
4. Make your way to Ape Atoll, equip your Monkeyspeak amulet and talk to the three wise monkeys in the temple at the Northwest of the island.
5. The monkeys suspect you're a human so choose the option "Admit to being a human". They demand that you prove that you're a human, but you can't with the guard nearby so go to the barrel of bananas, and take as many as possible.
6. At this point you must lure the monkey guard with the bananas. However, the bananas must be within 3 spaces of each other, if they are left on the floor for too long then they become mouldy.
7. Once you lure the guard away, the monkeys ask you to transform to human form. After doing so, change back to monkey form and they will ask you some questions about Apmeken, which turns out to be a test. The monkeys agree to come with you, but first you must speak to the king, in order to convince him to make a colony in the desert.
8. Leave the building and head south to Kind Awowogei's throne room. Speak to the king but DO NOT mention Apmeken or else you will get arrested. Tell him that you want to build the greatest colony ever, and he will propose Karamja as a suitable position. You, however, object to this and j ustify why it should be in the desert. The king asks what types of fine goods there are to trade in the desert, choose "Choc Ices". He tells you to bring a choc ice in the shape of a monkey in return for negotiation.
Note: Remember to purchase a M'speak mould from the crafting store if you don't have one already.
Items needed: Runes for 50-100 Ice spells, AT LEAST 1000 Coins, super energy potions, M'speak amulet, M'speak mould, Monkey greegree (any), food, armour, antipoison potion, enchanted tiara/waterskins, prayer potions.
Note: Now would be a good idea to switch to the Ancient Magicks spellbook if not already on it
9. Speak with Rokuh the choc-ice seller and he will make you a "Chimp Ice" for 1000 coins. He will ask for the M'speak mould, give it to him and he gives you the "chimp ice".
He will tell you that the magic is not held properly in monkey-head form so you must find a way to freeze it (ice spells). Also, teleporting instantly melts it so do not use spellbook teleports, gnome gliders, fairy rings, jewellery teleports nor grand seed pods.
However you can still use boat systems and the Eagle transport.
Note: Ice rush does NOT work in freezing the chimp ice. The better the spell, the longer it stays frozen.
10. Make sure you check the chatbox constantly and refreeze as soon as you get the message.
- Run north of Nardah till you see an entrance to the desert eagles
- Refreeze, pick up a rope and take an eagle to Eagles' Peak.
- Run down to ground level and make your way into the Gnome Stronghold.
- Go into the Grand Tree, talk to Daero on the first floor to go to the glider base.
- Talk to Waydar to go to Crash Island and then talk to Lumdo to go to Ape Atoll.
- Run along the outskirts of the island and refreeze when appropriate.
- When near the gate, refreeze and run through in monkey-form.
- Change to a human and turn on your Ranged protection prayer.
- Run through the town and refreeze EAST of the throne room then talk to the king.
Note: If the chimp ice melts now you can reclaim it from Lumdo.
11. The king loves the chimp ice and so gives you a barrel of monkeys to take to the colony. Remember to visit the three wise monkeys and they will come with you.
Items needed: Ava's accumulator, Ring of Charos, Waterskins/Enchanted water tiara, coins, spade, teleportation to Shantay Pass and Draynor Village (Amulet of Glory recommended), weapon.
12. The wise monkeys tell you that the colony must be 'between the camels hump'. They are referring to the following area.
Run towards this area. It is southwest of the Desert Mining Camp and is between two hills (the 'humps'). Click the barrel to release them into the area.
13. Talk to the wise monkeys and they will tell you that they want to be on the magic carpet network. Go to Ali Morrisane in Al Kharid with your Ring of Charos equipped, talk to him and charm him into telling you more about his carpets. He'll tell you that he has lost a carpet in a metal crate somewhere in the desert and that you should go to Ava in order to find them.
14. With Ava's accumulator, go to Draynor Manor and find Ava in her room by pulling the lever by the door. Ask her about upgrading the accumulator to find metal objects and she will upgrade your accumulator to Ava's alerter. She then asks you to test this device out in the manor and come back to her by finding the crate she has hidden. Make your way to the back of the manor and grab the spade near the exit if you don't have one.
15. Equip the alerter and you'll receive a various amount of "Bwuk!" in your chatbox. This is to signify the proximity of the crate. The more Bwuks on one line, the closer you are to the crate. The crate is hidden near the fountain. After finding the crate, return to Ava and talk to her.
16. Go into the desert and equip the locator near the colony. Walk around to detect five boxes and open them. Do not sell or drop any of the contents. once you have found the carpets, head back to the three wise monkeys to set up the carpet system. One of the monkeys makes another sarcastic comment and another gives you a book.
Items needed: Spade, Saw, Hammer, 10 Bolt of cloth, Rope, 6 Teak Planks, Desert shirt, Desert robe, Desert boots, 10 Bananas, Uncut sapphire, Uncut emerald, Uncut ruby, Uncut diamond, 3 Knives, 3 Waterskin (4) (at least), Enchanted water tiara/Waterskins (optional), Coins/Shantay pass
17. After reading the book, you find out that you need to build a proper colony with market stalls and a tent. It seems you must build a gem, general and banana stall. Once back at the camp, use your spade on the four piles of rubble. Build the stalls and tent and go back to Shantay Pass if you need more supplies. Talk to the monkeys and they say that they need protection.
18. Make your way back to Ape Atoll and go to the room east of the monkey child. Equip your gorilla greegree and punch a monkey fighter, then pickpocket him and repeat till you have 6 knives.
19. Go back to the colony and give the knives to the wise monkeys. They will be pleased with your progress.
20. Go back to Senliten's tomb to witness a cutscene. After it ends, talk to Senliten, who will tell you to return to the colony very quickly.
Items needed: Ghostspeak amulet, M'speak amulet
21. You return to the colony to see the place in ruins. Search the corpse to summon a ghost monkey. However, you cannot communicate with it because it is both a ghost and a monkey. Use the M'speak amulet with the ghostspeak amulet to create a Cramulet, equip it then speak to it. It will tell you that the monkeys were kidnapped and taken by 'masked creatures'. The first of which resides in Pollniveach well. The first boss is called Leeuni.
Note: Magic protection prayers reduce damage but do not completely negate its attacks. Familiars can be brought in so bring a familiar to store food, or one that can perform special attacks.
Leeuni has a combat level of 80 and 3000 LP. She should be relatively simple to defeat, however she has an ability to remove your helmet during the battle so bring high-healing items and put it back on after a few seconds. If you do not put it back on fast enough you are damaged for 300 Life Points every game tick..
Talk to Iwazaru after defeating Leeuni to be taken back to the colony.
Items required: Rope (bring 2 if you haven't been to the Kalphite Queen's lair before), Ranged armour (dragonhide), Ranged weapon and ammunition (crossbow and bolts), food, Ranged potion (Optional), Cra mulet, Prayer potions, Antipoison potion, teleportation tablet.
22. Talk to the ghost and he will tell you that he has located another monkey; Ayuni, loctaed in the Kalphite Lair. Bank for supplies now. Make your way to the Kalphite Lair west of Shantay Pass, head down the first hole, protect from magic and sip your antipoison potion. Run through the Kalphite lair and go through the northwest hole.
As soon as you enter the boss lair, protect from range and attack Ayuni. She can use range and melee, and hits especially hard with melee. Keep far away from her or else she can hit high amounts of damage. She can teleport next to you as well. Like her sister she only has 3000 LP, and thus can be defeated fairly quickly. Talk to Mizaru to return to the colony.
23. Talk to the ghost once again and he will inform you that Eruni, the third and final boss is located in Uzer (where you fought Agrith-Naar). You should restock at Shantay Pass.
Protect from range or magic and begin to kill her. It is recommended to use ranged because she can only use range/mage. Once she summons lesser demons, you must kill them before resuming battle. Try to trap them behind the teeth. She summons demons relatively often, as she also has low LP.
24. Once the boss is dead, talk to Kikazuru to be taken back to the colony once again. Talk to the three wise monkeys and a cutscene where you talk to Apmeken occurs. Head back to Senliten to complete the quest.
Congratulations! Quest Complete!
Guide Made by: Ashwin
Corrections submitted by: Doctor Shemp, Ashwin, Simon, Quackyz, Tugboat, Runic Lord