1. Start the quest by speaking to Jones, outside the bank in the fishing guild. He will tell you about his plans of hunting the Thalassus, and also tell you that he needs another crew-man and a strong harpoon. You will be given plans for the strong harpoon.
2. In order to obtain a sea chart, you will have to pickpocket the fishing master who is located near the entrance gate, inside the fishing guild. Even players with high thieving may find it hard to pickpocket him, so it may take a few tries.
3. After you get the map, go back to Jones and tell him you've received the Sea charter. After doing so, you will find you need to give the plans to Linza, one of the signature heroes, who is located north-east outside the guild. After a short cutscene, she will smith the harpoon and give it to you.
4. Next you will have to get 'The Guns' to join your crew. He is located outside the Tower of Life, which is east of Ardougne Monastery. Unfortunately, he will tell you he has a sea sickness. You will have to create a potion which will cure him. It contains Lowland heather and Builder's tea. There are a few patches of heather around the Tower of Life; the correct one is in the patches line east of the tower, the southern-most one. Obtain the Builder's Tea by talking to Bonafido, outside the tower's gate. Mix both ingredients and speak to 'The Guns'.
5. Guns will offer you a teleport to the fishing guild. There, speak to Jones, and you will go to the sea. To track the beast, you will have to search wrecked ships. It works just like tracking in Hunter. Each time you manage to find tracks, you will be able to loot the ship. Jones allows you to loot only 3 items. If you fail 5 times, you will have to start over; therefore remember which ships you investigated. Once you've came to the end, Thalassus will hit your ship and swallow Jones alive. You will find yourself on a deserted island with 3 mermaids.
6. The mermaids will threaten to feed Thalassus with you, and you will have to talk your way out. Choose the following options:
- The Thalassus has eaten Jones the mighty fisherman.
- It should, he's been hunting for decades.
- Very horrid! After he's killed the Thalassus, he'll probably come after you.
- Trust me, I'm a great adventurer, I should know.
- Did I mention Jones has a harpoon with him?
- It's no ordinary harpoon.
7. The mermaids will allow you to leave, and you will have to track the Thalassus again. After finding it, 'The Guns' will throw a karambwan at it, which will make it sick and dive back in the water. After a few seconds, Thalassus will jump back out and spit Jones back to the ship along with a tooth.
8. To finish the quest, talk to Jones about the hunt. He will send you to Linza, to deliver the tooth, and then talk to him again to finish the quest.
Congratulations! Quest Complete!
Guide Made by: Dan
Corrections submitted by: Deathslayer, Dark, Quackyz, Dx1438, Tugboat, Power of Five, Sytze, Strey