The Fremennik Slayer Dungeon is a very good place for those who are looking to kill monsters which are slayer level dependent. In some cases, there are better places to kill some of the monsters which are located inside.
There are a number of ways which you can use to get to the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon some of these are faster than others. Each of these are colour coded and routes are shown on the map.
- #1 (Red) If you have a method of reaching Rellekka then you can quite easily head south east of the town past the golden apple tree to reach the dungeon.
- #2 (Cyan) This method requires you to have your house at Rellekka then using the teleport to house spell/tablet to reach the portal. If you have completed the "Love Story" quest then you can use cracked home teleport tablets to read the portal. Once you have arrived at the portal, you would need to travel east.
- #3 (Green) By far the longest method of reaching the dungeon would be to travel north from Camelot (Seers Village) and following the road to the dungeon. This method would only be advisable if you have no other options.
- #4 (N/A) If you have completed Smoking Kills, then you would be able to use the portals which are located in the Polivineach slayer dungeon. These can be useful if you are going in to kill an NPC located near the end of the dungeon - providing you don't have a high agility level, else you would be better off using method #5 with the slayer ring.
- #5 (Pink) By far the quickest method to reaching the dungeon would be using a Slayer Ring to teleport yourself there. This will cause you to arrive right outside the dungeon.
- #6 (Yellow) If you have access to using the fairy rings then you could use the code A-J-R to teleport a short distance south of the dungeon. This is very useful for banking as it provides a teleport from near the cave, to near the bank in Zanaris.
- #7 - You can also get there using the Fremennik Province lodestone once it has been unlocked.
Inside the Cave
Above is a map of the inside of the dungeon with various numbers and titles. The numbers can be used to view the details below. In the dungeon you will notice there is a large amount of NPCs but also agility shortcuts, these require agility levels 62 and 81, as shown on the map.
1 - Cave Crawlers
Requirements: Level 10 Slayer.
Possible Drops: Various herbs and Secondary Ingredients.
The first chamber contains eight Cave Crawlers which are level 76 or 106, you are required to have level 10 Slayer to be able to kill them. Cave Crawlers drop a lot of items related to herblore which can be useful for lower levels to train there Herblore level. The chamber also includes a summoning obelisk and an agility shortcut which requires level 81 Agility to use.
2 - Rockslugs
Requirements: Level 20 Slayer, and a Bag of Salt (per kill).
Possible Drops: White Mystic Gloves, Runes, various ores and Rune Spear.
The second chamber contains seven Rockslugs which are level 70, you are required to have level 20 Slayer to be able to kill them, you will also need a bag of salt for each one you kill.
3 - Cockatrice
Requirements: Level 25 Slayer, and a Mirror Shield.
Possible Drops: Iron Boots, Runes, Mystic Boots, and Various Seeds.
The third chamber contains seven Cockatrice which are level 64, you are required to have level 25 Slayer to be able to kill them, you must also be wearing a mirror shield, not doing so will result in your stats, and HP being extremely lowered. Cockatrice are known as a good place to obtain level 2 Clue Scrolls which can make them quite attractive to kill.
4 - Pyrefiends
Requirements: Level 30 Slayer.
Possible Drops: Steel Boots, Fire Staff, level 2 Clue Scroll and Adamant Medium Helmet.
The forth chamber contains thirteen Pyrefiends which are level 88, you are required to have level 30 Slayer to be able to kill them. Pyrefiends attack with a magic based melee attack which means it would be a good idea to wear armour with a high magic defence such as Dragonhide. This chamber requires an agility shortcut leading back to the first chamber, it requires level 82 agility. As with Cockatrice, these also drop level 2 Clue Scrolls.
5 - Basilisks
Requirements: Level 40 Slayer, and a Mirror Shield.
Possible Drops: Runes, Mystic Hat, Rune and Dragon Spears and Coal.
The fifth chamber contains eight Basilisks which are level 110, you are required to have level 40 Slayer and a Mirror Shield to be able to kill them. Unlike the earlier chambers, there is a safespot which can be found against the south east wall as seen below, if you are in the safespot and attack a Basilisk from the north then you will be able to kill it without it attacking you, if you attack it from the south then it will be able to reach you. There is an agility shortcut located in this chamber which will allow you to enter the seventh chamber, it requires level 61 agility. As with the Cockatrice and Pyrefiends, these drop level 2 Clue Scrolls. They also drop the very rare Basilisk head which can be turned in to a pet, or placed on the wall in your house!
6 - Jellies
Requirements: Level 52 Slayer.
Possible Drops: Rune Full Helmet, level 3 Clue Scrolls and Mithril Boots.
The sixth chamber contains ten Jellies which are level 98, you are required to have level 52 Slayer to be able to kill them. As with Pyrefiends, these attack with a magic based melee attack and it's therefore advised you wear an armour which has high magic defence such as Dragonhide! Jellies, and all the monsters located deeper in the cave are able to drop level 3 Clue Scrolls - Due to there reasonably low level, they are often killed for Clue Scrolls.
7 - Turoth
Requirements: Level 55 Slayer, and a Leaf bladed spear, or Leaf bladed sword or Broad Arrows, or Broad-tripped bolts or the Magic Dart spell.
Possible Drops: Leaf Bladed Weaponry, level 3 Clue Scrolls, Rune Dagger, Various Seeds and Mithril Kiteshield.
The seventh chamber contains a large amount of Turoths which vary in level from 123 to level 130, you are required to have level 55 Slayer to be able to kill them. If you do not use the weapons which are required they will be immune from all of your damage. There is an agility shortcut in this chamber which leads back to the fifth chamber (Basilisks), it requires level 62 agility.
8 - Kurask
Requirements: Level 70 Slayer, and a Leaf bladed spear, or Leaf bladed sword or Broad Arrows, or Broad-tripped bolts or the Magic Dart spell.
Possible Drops: Mystic Top, noted flax, Rune Longssword and Adamant.
The eighth chamber contains five Kurask which are level 112, you are required to have level 55 Slayer to be able to kill them. If you do not use the weapons which are required they will be immune from all of your damage. These are the only NPCs in the Dungeon which are aggressive - providing your combat is above level 46, else you will be attacked by Cave Crawlers!
9 - Aquanties
Requirements: Level 78 Slayer.
Possible Drops: Amulet of Ranging, level 3 Clue Scroll, Rune Bolts and Rune Darts.
The ninth chamber contains Aquanties which are level 136, you are required to have level 78 Slayer to be able to kill them. These are overly quite strong monsters which drop a lot of raw fish, for this reason it's recommended you bring a Bunyip familiar and 'Eat Whole' scrolls to use it's special ability. Aquanties have the ability to turn off your prayer protection which makes them quite dangerous. Usually a high risk comes with a high reward and these are no exception - They are the only NPC to drop the Amulet of Ranging. If you are using Kuradal as your Slayer Master then you will need to make sure you purchase the ability to allow her to assign them for 50 slayer points.
- A large amount of the monsters inside the dungeon drop Clue Scrolls.
- If you have level 82 agility then traveling in the dungeon is much easier and faster, else it can take a long time to navigate.
- You are unable to use a Dwarf Multicannon while in the cave.
- The majority of monsters in the cave drop parts of the white/gold mystic set. This is similar to the Slayer Tower located near Canifis however they drop red/black mystic pieces of clothing.
Guide Made by: Wise Choice
Corrections submitted by: Vanilla990, #8173671, Wise Choice, Sytze, Azlordros