A Plan Hatches
1. Speak with TzHaar-Mej-Jeh who is located at the birthing area in the north-east part of the TzHaar City. He will inform you that the TzHaar egg is dying due to the cold and will ask you to help him save it.
2. For the egg to hatch, you will need to keep it at its optimum temperature which is located between the two arrows on the temperature gauge at the top left of your screen. You will be given a selection of Fire and Water spells to cast on the egg to heat and cool it to the optimum temperature. Casting Fire spells will heat up the egg, and casting Water spells will cool down the egg. Bear in mind that both TzHaar-Mej-Jeh and TzHaar-Mej-Ak will try to heat the egg as well, so time your spells to match theirs.
3. When the egg reaches 100% it will hatch into a Ga'al. Tzz-Haar-Mej-Jeh will explain to you that the Ga'al is not what they were looking for and will instead send it off for an honorable death in the Fight Pits.
The Fight Pits
4. Head west to the central TzHaar City Plaza and speak with TzHaar-Mej-Ak. Tell him that you want to take the Ga'al-Jeh with you as you have an idea on how to fix the baby, and he will say that you will have to defend the Ga'al in the Fight Pits if you want to take him. Agree to the battle and you will be taken into the arena.
Ga'al-Jeh's health will be shown in the top left of the screen. Defend him from the attackers. If you should die, you will not lose any items, but you will have to speak to TzHaar-Mej-Ak and start the fight again. It is suggested that you bring along food and gear from each of the Melee, Mage and Ranged combat styles, as you will be fighting enemies from different ends of the combat triangle.
You will be fighting the following enemies in the Fight Pits - It is a free for all battle, so the enemies will take each other out as well. You will want to focus on the enemies attacking the Ga'al as he only has a limited amount of health.
- 2x TzHaar-Xil (hardened) - Attacks with Melee/Ranged
- 2x Tzhaar-Ket (hardened) - Melee
- FightpitPKer - Ranged
- Firecapezorz - Melee
- LolthenKILL - Magic
- NoRemorse77 - Melee
- Odischamp - Magic
After defending Ga'al-Jeh by defeating all of the enemies, TzHaar-Mej-Ak will order his death anyway. He will bring out the TzHaar Champion, Tzhaar-Ket-Yit-tal, who will attack you with melee.
Path to the Kiln
5. After defeating the TzHaar Champion and restocking on supplies (bring your Rune Pickaxe with you now as you will need it), speak with Mej-Ak. He will tell you to head to the FIght Kiln located to the east of the Main Plaza.
6. Upon arrival at the entry cave to the Fight Kiln you will speak with Ga'al-Jeh. To make it into the center of the Fight Kiln, you will need to pass through a series of 6 rooms containing strong TzHaar creatures that will attack you with both Melee and Magic.
Enter the cave with the Ga'al. You will first need to jump over the first of many chasms within the caves. You will then encounter a couple of Lava Monsters who will attack you with magic, so wearing Ranged gear and using a Protect from Magic prayer is highly advised for lower level players. After defeating the lava monsters, continue into the first room of the cave.
In the first room you will encounter three lava monsters and a TokTz-Ket-Dill. If you have already completed the TokTz-Ket-Dill quest, then you will be aware of how to defeat these monsters. If not, read on below.
Defeating a TokTz-Ket-Dill requires you to first break through its hard outer armour with a high level pickaxe, such as a Rune or Dragon pickaxe. An Adze can also be used here. Do not pray Melee against a TokTz-Ket-Dill when it has it's shell still intact, as this will cause it to stomp on the ground and attack you with an unavoidable and high-hitting special attack. - It is recommended that you trap the TokTz-Ket-Dill behind one of the other lava monsters or up against a wall. You can then hit the TokTz-Ket-Dill, walk back into safety, and then hit the TokTz-Ket-Dill again until it's armour has been cracked through. This will mean that you can avoid taking any damage from the TokTz-Ket-Dill.
After defeating the TokTz-Ket-Dill and the lava monsters in the room, search the skeleton near the end of the first room to find a Journal of Perjour which will be useful later in the cave.
Upon entering the second cave you will be put through a quick cutscene where you will find 100 TokKul on the ground. Pick this up as it will be useful later on.
In this cave you will encounter two Ket-Zek that attack with Magic and Melee, and three lava monsters that attack with Magic. It is recommended that you put on Protect from Magic prayer and kill all of the creatures in the room with Magic. After defeating all of the monsters in this cave you can head through to the next cave.
The next room contains four more lava monsters and another Ket-Dill. You can trap Ket-Dill behind any of the corners of the large rock located to the west of the cave.
After defeating the monsters in this cave, you will come across a giant door and some ancient scales. This is where the Journal of Perjour you picked up earlier will be useful, as reading the note attached to it will bring up the following information.
Each of the different TzHaar letters will refer to a certain number and a certain operation. You'll need to place Tokkul you picked up earlier on the scales that sit either side of the door to be able to open the door and proceed through the cave. Simply click on each of the scales and complete the operation according to the note, and then place that amount of TokKul onto the weight to unlock the door.
The fourth room is very plain compared to the other rooms. Simply jump across more chasms and you will eventually come across another Ket-Dill. After taking down it's shell and defeating it, keep proceeding and enter the Cave Entrance.
Upon entering the fifth room you will encounter a Yt-MejKot which attacks with melee and three more lava monsters. It is recommended that you pray Protect from Magic and defeat the lava monsters before taking out the Yt-MejKot. After you have defeated all the monsters in this room, you will be allowed to enter the Kiln itself.
At this point if you need more supplies after entering the Kiln, you can return to the beginning of the cave and access the bank for more supplies. Returning back into the cave will take you straight to the Kiln and you will not need to pass through the different rooms again.
When you are ready enter the kiln. You will have a conversation with TokHaar-Hok before being attacked by seven waves of TokHaar creatures. No items will be lost upon death in the Kiln, but it is a difficult fight.
The Kiln waves contain five kinds of monsters:
- TokHaar-Hur - Uses Melee - weak against Magic
- TokHaar-Ket - Uses Melee - weak against Magic
- TokHaar-Xil - Uses Ranged - weak against Melee
- TokHaar-Mej - Uses Magic, weak against Ranged
- TokHaar-Ket Champion - Uses Melee, weak against Magic
|Wave 1 - 2 TokHaar-Hur, 1 TokHaar-Xil
Wave 2 - 1 TokHaar-Ket, 1 TokHaar-Xil, 1 TokHaar-Mej
Wave 3 - 2 TokHaar-Xil, 1 TokHaar-Mej
Wave 4 - 2 TokHaar-Hur, 1 TokHaar-Xil, 1 TokHaar-Mej
Wave 5 - 1 TokHaar-Hur, 1 TokHaar-Ket, 1 TokHaar-Xil, 1 TokHaar-Mej
Wave 6 - 1 TokHaar-Ket, 1 TokHaar-Xil, 2 TokHaar-Mej
Wave 7 - 1 TokHaar-Xil, 1 TokHaar-Mej, 1 TokHaar-Ket Champion
When you have completed the 7 waves, speak to TokHaar-Hok in the centre of the room and ask him for help. Ga'al-Xox will have his memories merged with the Tokkul by standing under the lava stream, gaining some extra fire particles on top of his head.
The Elders Decision
6. After speaking with him, head back to TzHaar by passing through the series of caves you entered through. Along the way, TokHaar monsters will ambush you at specific points. You can either kill these or run away from them.
Upon making it out of the cave, speak with the Mej-Jeh located in the main plaza. The Ga'al will be asked to prove he has TzHaar memories by defeating a TzHaar-Ket (Hardened), for which he easily does. You will then need to either convince the Elders that he is worth of becoming a full TzHaar, or you can send him back to the Fight Pits. No matter your choices here, he will be sent away.
7. A final cutscene will show where Ga'al-Xox returns to the Kiln and TokHaar-Hok talks with him. Quest Complete.
Congratulations! Quest Complete!
Guide Made by: Simon
Corrections submitted by: Simon, Tugboat, Strey