Unable to post in OSRS News forum

Like my favorite skill, keep it Constructive

Group: Active Donator
RS Name: Jamandy52
Allegiance: Saradomin

Medals: 15 - 151 Pts
Finding Theo Community Event Suggestions Community
I realize I am unable to create a new topic in the OSRS News forum. Is there a better way to post a discussion regarding the news there or can the site be modified so I can Post there?

User Posted Image

<3 We are all, worth more alive. <3
There is no such thing as impossible, only improbable and unlikely. Therefore, I do not seek to achieve the impossible, rather to combine the
improbable and the unlikely.

Community Warden | Content Team Member

Group: Community Warden
RS Name: Rendigo
Allegiance: Armadyl

Medals: 6 - 44 Pts
Finding Theo SummerBeat Community SummerBeat Community
Edited on Mar 14 2017, 4:03 AM by Rendigo
It's probably like that for a reason but I'm not a web developer for RZ so I don't really know what the reason is, but that reason might be:
  • To avoid spam like the spam I sometimes regularly deal with in other forums
  • Spoiler: Click to show...(sometimes I even accidentally let a few slip in the blogs because I don't check them often), I also put this bit in a spoiler in case if the bot creaters read this and aren't clever enough to read the spoilers XD
  • Keeps the forum tidy so multiple people don't post the same news post at the same time

But then if you really want to post a news topic, there a couple of options:
  • Post them in the OSRS Help & Discussion forum and discuss it there
  • Post them in the OSRS Help & Discussion forum and send in a ticket asking someone (probably me but I don't know how active the other staff members are, 100% honest here) to move it to the Old School News forum but this could probably spam the Support Ticket system, well, create one ticket a week. When I started posting them, I posted them primarily to avoid someone from sending in one ticket a week but then I eventually stopped because lack of activity and discussion, it was like I was posting a topic that was going to be dead the moment I posted it.
  • Not post it at all, but I'm assuming you're keen on posting them so feel free to ignore this option.

If I discouraged or offended you, it was not my intention to do so so sorry if I did.
I did try to word it like it was coming from RuneZone member Rendigo instead of Community Warden Rendigo, I kinda see myself as a RuneZone Janitor now cleaning up the bot mess whenever the bots create one.

Also sorry for not replying to this topic yesterday, I had the opportunity but trying to word it without getting any wrong ideas across was kinda hard...... ish.

User Posted Image
Special thanks to Zammyskid for the awesome signature :D
Submit Support Ticket (may take a while for a reply) | RuneZone on Twitter

Dragon Member+

Group: Dragon Member+
RS Name: Overcareful
Allegiance: Zaros

Medals: 9 - 60 Pts
Community Community Community SummerBeat Community
If I remember correctly I think both RS and OSRS news could only be posted in by staff members. Which I can only assume was to keep a consistent post design/quality for the news. For some reason it seems like forum permissions were changed so anyway can now post on RS News but OSRS News is locked for general users.

User Posted Image

Like my favorite skill, keep it Constructive

Group: Active Donator
RS Name: Jamandy52
Allegiance: Saradomin

Medals: 15 - 151 Pts
Finding Theo Community Event Suggestions Community
Rendigo @ Mar 14 2017, 4:01 AM
It's probably like that for a reason but I'm not a web developer for RZ so I don't really know what the reason is, but that reason might be:
  • To avoid spam like the spam I sometimes regularly deal with in other forums
  • Spoiler: Click to show...(sometimes I even accidentally let a few slip in the blogs because I don't check them often), I also put this bit in a spoiler in case if the bot creaters read this and aren't clever enough to read the spoilers XD
  • Keeps the forum tidy so multiple people don't post the same news post at the same time

But then if you really want to post a news topic, there a couple of options:
  • Post them in the OSRS Help & Discussion forum and discuss it there
  • Post them in the OSRS Help & Discussion forum and send in a ticket asking someone (probably me but I don't know how active the other staff members are, 100% honest here) to move it to the Old School News forum but this could probably spam the Support Ticket system, well, create one ticket a week. When I started posting them, I posted them primarily to avoid someone from sending in one ticket a week but then I eventually stopped because lack of activity and discussion, it was like I was posting a topic that was going to be dead the moment I posted it.
  • Not post it at all, but I'm assuming you're keen on posting them so feel free to ignore this option.

If I discouraged or offended you, it was not my intention to do so so sorry if I did.
I did try to word it like it was coming from RuneZone member Rendigo instead of Community Warden Rendigo, I kinda see myself as a RuneZone Janitor now cleaning up the bot mess whenever the bots create one.

Also sorry for not replying to this topic yesterday, I had the opportunity but trying to word it without getting any wrong ideas across was kinda hard...... ish.

Oh not to worry Rendigo! You effrts around here do not go unnoticed [by me anyway] and I appreciate all you do! Your post was in no way offensive.

Runezone is my favorite fansite, even still and I love using it :)

Thanks for your response :)

Thank you also Dark for the comments as well!

=D

User Posted Image

<3 We are all, worth more alive. <3
There is no such thing as impossible, only improbable and unlikely. Therefore, I do not seek to achieve the impossible, rather to combine the
improbable and the unlikely.